ROOSTER TEETH FILM FESTIVAL
Participation in the RTTV TRIVIA CONTEST (the “Contest”) constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules (“Official Rules”).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN THE CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR LIKELIHOOD OF WINNING.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Sponsor & Administrator: Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC (“Rooster Teeth”) is the sponsor and administrator of the Contest (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor’s address is 1901 E. 51st St., Austin, TX 78745.
- General Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. All entrants under the age of eighteen (18) must have consent from their parents or guardians to enter the Contest and be bound by these Official Rules. Employees, officers and directors of Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC or any of its affiliates (including Ellation, LLC, Fullscreen, LLC, McBeard Media, LLC, or Otter Media Holdings, LLC), and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate in the Contest. No individual who has won a promotion sponsored by Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC, including this Contest, in the past sixty (60) days is eligible. Multiple individuals may enter per household. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any person during and after the Contest Period.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. Central Time on March 27, 2020, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time on May 1, 2020.
- How to Enter: To qualify for entry, you must meet the Eligibility Requirements (as defined in Section 5 below). During the Contest Period, go to www.roosterteeth.com/live/rt-tv (“Contest Website”) and log in to your Rooster Teeth account (“Account”) or create a new Account if you do not have a preexisting one. On the Contest Website, Rooster Teeth staff members, as indicated by red rooster logos next to their usernames in the chatroom, will ask trivia questions (“Questions”) either in the chatroom or within the video live stream throughout the Contest Period. While logged into your Account, respond in the chatroom with answers to the Questions. Each correct answer is an “Entry” or “Submission.” By submitting your Entry, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines and eligibility requirements below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you if it believes your Entry fails to conform. Important: If you are participating in this Contest via a mobile device, message and data rates may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Participation may not be available on all mobile devices, as not all mobile devices or cellular telephone providers have the capabilities or carry the service necessary to participate in this method of entry.
- Entry Guidelines and Eligibility Requirements: Each Entry must be in English. It is each entrant’s responsibility to ensure that his or her Account is linked to his or her e-mail account, to set his or her e-mail account settings to accept contacts by the Sponsor, and to timely check his or her e-mail account for any messages or other communications from the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for any misspellings, typographical errors, or other issues that may affect the ability of the Sponsor to locate a purported Entry using a search to find eligible entries.
- Limitations on Entry: There is no limit on Entries per person during the Contest Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Account. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an Account. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 11 below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions or failure to receive Submissions due to limitation of third-party social network platforms; all of which will be void.
- Prizes: After each Question is correctly answered during the Contest Period, one (1) Contest Prize Winner will be selected to receive: one (1) 30-day membership to Rooster Teeth FIRST (approximate retail value: $5.99). The Sponsor reserves the right to grant no Prize if, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, no entry is of sufficient merit. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value, except as otherwise set forth herein. All prizes awarded are subject to the restrictions and limitations noted in these Official Rules, on the prizes and/or included with the prizes and the winner must abide by all such limitations and restrictions. Winners agree to accept their prize “as is.” The Sponsor has the right to resolve any concerns, questions, or complaints related to the prizes in its sole discretion. Each winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and any other costs in connection with receipt of a prize. THE SPONSOR WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, COSTS, DAMAGE, INJURY, OR ANY OTHER CLAIMS INCURRED AS A RESULT OF USE OF A PRIZE ONCE POSSESSION HAS BEEN TAKEN OF THE PRIZE BY THE WINNER.
- Selection of Winners; Odds of Winning: For each Question, the first person to submit a correct answer via the chatroom while logged into his or her Account shall be considered the Contest Prize Winner. Each Contest Prize Winner will be selected by the Rooster Teeth staff member who asked the corresponding Question (“Judge”). In the event of a tie (i.e., multiple users submit a correct answer simultaneously), the Judge that posed the Question shall randomly select a Contest Prize Winner for that Question in his or her sole discretion. One (1) Contest Prize Winner will be selected from all eligible Entries received for each Question asked during the Contest Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Decisions made by the Sponsor and/or Judge are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EVEN IF YOUR ENTRY QUALIFIES YOU AS A POTENTIAL WINNER AT THE CLOSE OF THE CONTEST, YOU HAVE NOT YET WON A PRIZE. POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, AND MUST MEET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BEFORE AN ENTRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED AS A WINNER AND A PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED.
- Notification: The winners will be notified via e-mail within twenty-four (24) hours of winning. If, despite the Sponsor’s reasonable efforts, the winner does not respond within three (3) days of the first notification attempt, or if a notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any winner, such winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. The winner must comply with all instructions in the prize notification letter within three (3) days of the date on the prize notification e-mail; otherwise prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
Winners may be required to complete, sign and return within three (3) business days of date of transmission an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Indemnification, a Publicity Release where allowed by law, as well as other documents that Sponsor may require. If applicable, an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of prizes as earned income will be issued to winner(s). Prizes won by winners who are minors will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian, who must sign all required affidavits and releases. If required documents are not returned on a timely basis, or if any notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Your Representations to the Sponsor: By entering the Contest, you represent and warrant that: (a) the information and documents that you have submitted or will submit to the Sponsor in connection with the Contest are true, correct, and complete in all material respects and not misleading; and (b) you have never been arrested, indicted, convicted or pled no contest to a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude. You agree not to disparage or demean Sponsor, its affiliates, networks, services, products, or its commercial partners (including any third parties affiliated with the Contest).
- Releases: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, and each of their respective directors, employees, agents, and representatives (the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, demands, expenses, losses or liabilities including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees and punitive damages that may be asserted against or incurred by any of the Released Parties at any time in connection with entrant’s participation in the Contest, any Contest-related activity and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, including any element thereof. By entering the Contest, entrant grants Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use entrant’s name, Account username, picture, character, likeness, and voice for trade, advertising, promotional, or any other purpose in any media now or hereafter known, and entrants waive any and all claims and/or rights to receive any royalties or other compensation for Sponsor’s use thereof, unless prohibited by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree that the Released Parties shall have no liability for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or participation in this Contest. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, DIVISIONS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCIES, AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS OF EACH FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE- OR PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY.
- General Conditions: The Sponsor is not responsible for and is not liable for: (i) misdirected or delayed mail or e-mail; (ii) telephone, telecommunications, internet, hardware or third party software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the Sponsor’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted, corrupted or terminated; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of participating in the Contest or use of the prize; or (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the systems required to conduct the Contest or operate the Sponsor’s web sites, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. All decisions of the Sponsor are final. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any third parties.
- Disputes: Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts located in Travis County in the State of Texas, and subject to the laws of the State of Texas. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Texas and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Texas.
- Winners List: To obtain a written identification of the winners, please send your request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to: RTTV TRIVIA CONTEST, Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC, 1901 E 51st Street, Austin, TX 78723. Requests must be received by June 1, 2020.
© Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC 2020. All rights reserved.